CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Being stuck in sodium h*ll and coming out alive!!

     This weekend was hard. It was Russ's Grandmas 85th birthday party.  K, lets just say, his family LOVES to eat!!  They don't care, cause they could eat a truck load of cheeseburgers and not gain a pound.   So they served lunch, and I look at the spread.  There is 3 HUGE Dutch ovens of Dutch Oven Potatoes (Sodium H*ll). I can just imagine how much salt was used in the creation of those bad boys.   SO i get up to the table while loading up the kids plates. and see they have  Potatoes with steak, Potatoes with ham, and potatoes with hamburger & sausage.   Welll... I just died!!

     Thank goodness at the end of the table was a lonely bowl of green salad and a platter of fresh fruit.  So when i went to load up my plate I headed for the salad. Of course I got some flack from Uncle who created the ewwwy gooey goodness.  Like he was offended that i wasn't eating his heart attack in a pot!!   I had 2 heaping servings of salad with Full Fat Dressing and a nice little fruit salad and went on my merry way!!   I sat at the table watching everyone else enjoy their feast trying not to stare.

     After the meal, it was pointed out that they had set up an ice cream sundae bar over in the corner beside the mountain of a thousand different cupcakes.   The sundae bar had every topping known to man!! I asked Russ's aunt to help the kids with their dessert so i didn't have to go and look at the sugar. Of course my children returned with enough sugar to keep them fastened to the ceiling for at least the remainder of the week.  

    But I was pleased with my decision of sticking to my guns.   Of course I starved the whole rest of the day.. but it was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment